Sex, alcohol and drugs
Sex and alcohol
If you drink alcohol, you can feel more like having sex and you feel fewer restraints.
Drinking before having sex also has negative effects. The more you drink, the stronger the effects:
- You are less focused on the risk of STIs, HIV and unintended pregnancy. You might have unprotected sex.
- You have less control over yourself and you might do things that you do not want or do not agree to.
- You need more time to have an orgasm and the orgasm is less strong.
- Your sexual desire and arousal can also decrease. This is often so for women.
- It is more difficult for men to keep an erection. Sometimes they are unable to.
Sex and drugs
Alcohol, drugs and fertility
If you regularly use drugs or drink alcohol over a long period, you can become less fertile.