In Belgium, it is permitted under certain conditions to watch, buy or produce pornography. However, there is severe punishment for watching, possessing, producing or distributing child pornography.
What is legal?
It is legal to:
- privately watch legal pornography;
- buy legal pornography;
- produce pornography, as long as it is legal pornography and the adult participants agree.
What is illegal?
It is illegal to:
- produce pornography without the agreement of the adult participants;
- produce pornography to distribute or sell it;
- produce child pornography (this is pornography involving persons younger than 18);
- buy, download or watch child pornography.
- Downloading child pornography is punished by 1 month’s to 1 year’s imprisonment.
- Producing, distributing or selling child pornography is punished by 5 to 10 years’ imprisonment.
More health professionals
More information or help needed?
CAW - Centrum Algemeen Welzijn
Centre for general well-being - Help with all kinds of issues: a difficult relationship, medical, financial, administrative, legal or material problems, family problems,... CAWs also provide assistance to victims of violence and abuse. Find a CAW in your neighbourhood:
Free telephone number for an answer to all questions regarding violence.
Espace P - Arlon
HIV and STI testing, medical and psychosocial help for sex workers
0474 13 86 54